Friday, January 14, 2011

My Original Moto Droid

I've had my Motorola Droid for a year and change now, and with the announcement that the iPhone is coming to Verizon, I'm sure there will be defectors, but I will not be one of them.   I'm keeping my Droid as long as it keeps turning on, until something much better comes out that uses Android.   I could never bring myself to give up the turn by turn navigation that Google Navigation provides.   Who the heck needs a GPS device when you've got an Android phone?

I've had my phone rooted (hacked for my non-technical readers) for months now, which gives me the ability to do all sorts of fun things on it, like use a non-standard system (of which I use CyanogenMod), wifi-tethering, which allows me to use the internet wherever I want on my laptop, through my phone, and overclocking the processor, which lets the phone run faster than Verizon wants it to run.   Gotta love modern technology, open source software, and lots of motivated developers.

No comments:

Post a Comment